Thursday, November 30, 2006

why the front porch....

many of my days consist of sitting at my desk at home. this allows me the opportunity to look outside and gaze across my front porch. it's amazing how your mind can stray when you stare out the window. i often find myself thinking about things going on in my family --- immediate and extended; raising my kids, things going on at work, church, home group, finances, current book, etc, etc.

my office is the place that i "own". this is my domain. others are welcome to come in, but when i want to read, think, work, pray, this is the place that i go. do you have a place like that? i love the fact that i can look out the window and stare at the nature that our creative God designed.

in all of this straying of the mind, i've been doing a fair amount of thinking about what the person of Jesus is really like....what he did, said, thought -- who he hung with, ministered to, etc. but, that's the subject of another blog.....

2 comments:

Nate Long said...

I have a place like you describe, but I've blocked up the window...not because I don't like windows--I do--but because the sun shines on my laptop screen and I can't see. Ever the pragmatist...or something like that.

Andrew said...

my place is my car...this is my domain, my safe haven. My car resembles my life; when it's clean, things are normally going well. When my car in a mess, my life is normally the same. It is the place that i think, pray, laugh, cry, have great conversations with my kids...it is my "office". I look forward to many more blogs!...