Monday, April 30, 2007

prayer...

I have found a fantastic daily prayer to get my day started off right. It is from "Victory of the Darkness" by Neil Anderson:


Dear Heavenly Father, I honor you as my sovereign Lord. I acknowledge that you are always present with me. You are the only all-powerful and all-wise God. You are kind and loving in all your ways. I love you, and I thank you that I am united with Christ and spiritually alive in him. I choose not to love the world, and I crucify my flesh and all its passions. I thank you for the life that I now have in Christ, and I ask you to fill me with your Holy Spirit that I may live my life free from sin. I declare my dependence upon you , and I take my stand against Satan and all his lying ways. I choose to believe the truth, and I refuse to be discouraged. You are the God of all hope, and I am confident that you will meet my needs as I seek to live according to your Word. I express with confidence that I can live a responsible life through Christ who strengthens me. I now take my stand against Satan and command him and all his evil spirits to depart from me. I put on the whole armor of God. I submit my body as a living sacrifice and renew my mind by the living Word of God in order that I may prove that the will of God is good, acceptable, and perfect. I ask these things in the precious name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.


I find this to be a great reminder and level set for the day....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great prayer!

Mike said...

That is an awesome prayer for who we are and what we are to do. By starting out my day with this prayer, I know things will be better because I will have already put them in perspective. Thanks for sharing!

You have become an awesome Godly influence in many lives. Don't ever lose the passion, man!

Mike said...

Also, my wife share this quote with me that I thought fit perfect with your post:

Prayer is not meant to change God's mind, but to change us and align our thinking with God's. When we begin our prayer with praise, we take the focus off of ourselves and put it on God. When we pray for God's will to be done, we take the focus off our desires and put it on God's desires for our lives.